26 July 2010

Various memories

Sometimes there are songs so bound to places, times or people it hurts me not to think about the past. My iTunes just shuffled me a tune from 1976's the Grateful Dead tour called "Cassidy". Only four minutes of great, folk-influenced rock and roll, and a wonderful riff and refrain. I used to listen to this song a couple of months ago waiting for my girlfriend before school, I always took the earplugs out, chatted with her as we made our way to the bus, and the song was, very silently, playing in the background. That was cool ;-) Contrasting with the lyrics, this used to be my true happiness.

She once said she had hated "my music" but loved the way I had loved it (so many mixed tenses in one sentence I had to screw something up, rrright). And almost every time she was at my place I played her Mingus' "Better Git It In Your Soul" and after a thousand tries she said, "hey, I've heard it somewhere before!" during the piano part. Priceless ;^)

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha and what does she listen to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. some kind of pop/metal I guess... Linkin Park and stuff. ;)
    yeah, yeah... we just had to break up :D*

    *not funny.

    ReplyDelete