22 December 2009

A Jazz & Blues Christmas

I love Christmas but have to agree, it's got a weak side and it's music. I don't dig singing those sad old-fashioned carols, they bore the hell out of me. Even Bob Dylan's Christmas album sucks a little bit and I generally love the man, will write about that thing when the season's over ;) Traditionally, this year I will put on Keith Richards' cover of "Run Rudolph Run", great rock and roll by Chuck Berry. But in the meanwhile... Putamayo World Records - pretty interesting label specializing in so-called world music and releasing compilation albums with psychedelic artwork - released LP called "A Jazz & Blues Christmas". So I got it. And I like it :)


Liner notes author wrote the album is meant to "liven up the holiday season" and it certainly does :) Some lesser-known vocal jazz and cheerful blues tracks are... nice. Not amazing or boring, it just gets ya in a good Christmas groove. Included are B.B. King, Ray Charles and 8 more: "A Jazz & Blues Christmas" is not a long album with its 10 songs, but it's certainly worth to get.

See it on Amazon.com and Putamayo Official Site. Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment