19 June 2010

"Blues for the lost days"...

Yesterday I attended a wonderful, stunning John Mayall's show in Warsaw. Two hours of blues played live was what I needed. ;) Reminded me that the music is to be played live and CDs are only a small part of the fun. I wrote a lengthy review on my Last.fm already (in Polish) and in some time I'll review it here, but for now I've got to give my mind a rest. ;)

In two weeks time I'm attending Warsaw Summer Jazz Days, a glorious festival. I wanted to go and see Pearl Jam but I can't, dates collide. But in the meantime...

Recently I got so much into the Allman Brothers Band that I can't resist listening to 20-minute version of "Dreams" twice a day. The things that Duane plays are indescribable. ;) Yesterday I was going back home at about midnight with "Whipping Post" rambling through my headphones...

The Derek Trucks Band is releasing a new live double album called "Roadsongs". I'm listening now to their previous studio album and I start to like it. Good time music, actually. I'll wait for the new album.

And I'm still waiting for some free time to review Tom Petty's "Mojo". And Steve Miller's "Bingo". I don't like him but his comments seem very wise (and kinda brave), see them on IORR.

No comments:

Post a Comment