06 May 2010

The Ronnie Wood Show

Every Friday widely featured here guitarist called Ronnie Wood plays an hour long selection of his favorite tracks on Absolute Radio. A painter, lover and drinker: Ronnie played bass in Jeff Beck's band, guitar in the Faces and the Rolling Stones, two most partying bands ever. His playing was truly all about having fun so even though he's not the most talented or able guitarist I can think of, he's certainly in my top ten for his attitude.

That's why the Ronnie Wood Show is something special for me. His made-up stories and exaggerations (no, he wasn't in the last few that saw Jimi Hendrix ^^) make me smile but never let me down. He's so childish, naive and nice ;-) So now every Friday night he chats, plays guitar and tells stories apart from putting on some good old rock and roll! Look here for Strettonbull's posts of his shows and download them.


Ronnie's song selections are quite obvious and too mainstream, but that doesn't bother me. Quite the opposite. I like it very much! I've discovered some new bands thanks to him and wait for more. He's got very similar taste to mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment