01 May 2010

The Black Keys - Rubber Factory

Now this is it! Enough bluesy and acceptable dirty. Or at least much more and less (^^) than previously reviewed Brothers album. Ladies & gentlemen... Rubber Factory, the Black Keys' masterpiece from 2004.

Indie sucks. I like DIY attitude but it doesn't have to mean lo-fi sound. However, in this case it suits the blues. It's raw and dirty but easily listenable and catchy, it has everything the new album lacks. "10AM Automatic" is oh so good! That's what I call a rocker. Slow "The Lengths" is a boring ballad but the next one's a hot song - you sure have heard "Grown So Ugly" by Captain Beefheart, huh? - this version is equal.


And they played "Stack Shot Billy" on Letterman. And "Aeroplane Blues" was mighty interesting... Just like the whole album really. Most of those 13 tunes don't have the definitive hook that gets stuck in your head but it's alright with me. It's a 4/5 album that I proudly keep in my collection :) And "Till I Get My Way" was a surprisingly good finale, just when I expected nothing new and was ready to switch the player off.

"What about the night / Makes you change / From sweet to deranged" - "10AM Automatic"...

PS. See their music video to the song "Next Girl" from the Brothers album. Funny. And I really like the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment