15 May 2010

The Stones' "Following the River" video

Sorry for not writing too much - I've been breathing the blues for some time lately and couldn't get myself together, and furthermore I received an DMCA takedown notice... ABKCO cocksuckers x)

I already have the new deluxe release of "Exile On Main Street" with ten bonus tracks and I will focus on it for the rest of the month :) It's so fucking amazing! Here you can see the "Following the River" video, what a great ballad with awesome lyrics and video, it's so stylish and all. I don't fancy strings that much but once in a time... Also, background vocals are outstanding. The best of all, though, is piano by Nicky Hopkins that drives the song and Mick's vocals. And isn't the light on the video wonderful?

Parts of the lyrics remind me of "Let It Loose"... "You always saw the best of me" line is the best part of the song :) A typical Mick's composition, not better than mentioned above "Let It Loose" or "Moonlight Mile", but luckily too good to be on the mainstream pop radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment